Nissan Maxima Owners Manual: Outside mirrors
The outside mirror remote control will operate only when the ignition switch is in the ACC or ON position.
Move the small switch 1 to select the right or left mirror. Adjust each mirror to the desired position using the large switch 2 .
- Objects viewed in the outside mirror on the passenger side are closer than they appear. Be careful when moving to the right. Using only this mirror could cause an accident. Use the inside mirror or glance over your shoulder to properly judge distances to other objects.
- Do not adjust the mirrors while driving.
You could lose control of your vehicle and cause an accident.
Reverse tilt-down feature (if so equipped)
The reverse tilt-down feature will turn both outside mirror surfaces downward to provide better rear visibility close to the vehicle when the mirror control switch is in either the L or R position.
The mirrors automatically returns to their original position when you shift out of R (Reverse).
The outside mirror surfaces will return to their original position when one of the following has occurred:
- The shift lever is moved to any position other than R (Reverse).
- The outside mirror control switch is set to the neutral or center position.
- The ignition switch is placed in the OFF position.
If the outside mirror control switch is in the Center position, mirror surface will NOT turn downward when the shift lever is moved to R (Reverse).
For additional information regarding this feature, refer to "Automatic drive positioner" in this section.
Foldable outside mirrors
Pull the outside mirror toward the door to fold it.
Heated mirrors (if so equipped)
The electric control type outside mirrors can be heated to defrost, defog, or de-ice for improved visibility. Push the rear window defroster switch to activate the heating function. Push the switch again to deactivate, or the heating function will automatically turn off after approximately 15 minutes.