Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Spark Plug
- Ignition coil
- Spark plug
- Rocker cover (RH)
- Rocker cover (LH)
Removal and Installation
- Remove the ignition coil. Refer to EM-42, "Removal and Installation (LH)" and EM-42, "Removal and Installation (RH)".
- Remove the spark plug with a suitable spark plug wrench.
INSPECTION AFTER REMOVAL
- Do not use a wire brush for cleaning the spark plugs.
- If plug is covered with carbon, a spark plug cleaner may be used.
Cleaner air pressure : less than 588 kPa (6 kg/cm2, 85 psi)
Cleaning time : less than 20 se
- Checking and adjusting spark plug gap is not required between change intervals. Do not adjust the gap; replace the spark plug as necessary if out of specification
Installation is in the reverse order of removal.
*: Always check with the Parts Department for the latest parts information.