Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Removal and installation
- Front exhaust tube
- Ring gasket
- Front exhaust tube stay
- Front exhaust tube bracket
- Center exhaust tube rubber hanger
- Center exhaust tube
- Center exhaust tube hanger
- Rear muffler bracket (RH)
- Rear muffler (RH)
- Rear muffler bracket (LH)
- Rear muffler (LH)
Removal and Installation
- Perform the procedures with the exhaust system fully cooled down to avoid injury from the hot exhaust system.
- Be careful not to cut your hand on the insulator edge.
CAUTION: Use Genuine NISSAN exhaust system parts or equivalent, which are specifically designed for heat resistance, corrosion resistance, and shape.
- Remove exhaust system components using power tool.
- When removing center exhaust tube, remove tunnel stay bracket.
Installation is in the reverse order of removal.
- Always replace exhaust gaskets with new ones when reassembling.
- If any insulator is badly deformed, repair or replace it. If deposits such as mud pile up on the insulator,
- Temporarily tighten the nuts on the exhaust manifold side and the bolts on the vehicle side. Check each part for interference with other components, and then tighten the nuts and bolts to specification.
INSPECTION AFTER INSTALLATION
- With the engine running, check the exhaust tube joints for exhaust gas leaks and unusual noises.
- Check that the mounting brackets and mounting insulators are installed properly and free from excessive stress. Improper installation could result in excessive noise, leaks, and vibration.