Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Key reminder function
Key reminder is the function that prevents the key from being left in the vehicle.
Key reminder has the following 3 functions.
Key reminder function
|Driver door closed||Right after driver side door is closed under the following
||All doors unlock|
|Door is open or closed||Right after all doors are closed under the following conditions
|Trunk is closed||Right after trunk is closed under the following conditions
*:If the door closing impact shocks the door lock knob, or contacts against baggage with the door lock knob, it might activate the door locks accidentally but unlock operation will be performed in these cases.
- The above function operates when the Intelligent Key is inside the vehicle. However, there may be times when the Intelligent Key cannot be detected, and this function will not operate when the Intelligent Key is on the instrument panel, rear parcel shelf, or in the glove box. Also, this system sometimes does not operate if the Intelligent Key is in the door pocket for the open door.
- The key reminder function is operated when the trunk is open/closed and the buzzers sound. If the following operations are performed, the key reminder function is cleared and buzzer sounds are stopped.
- Remote controller door lock button operation of Intelligent Key
- Remote controller door unlock button operation of Intelligent Key
- When the trunk is closed, and the Intelligent Key is not inside the vehicle
- When any door is open
Component Parts Location
- Horn (low) E215 (view with front fender protector LH removed)
- Horn (high) E216
- IPDM E/R E17, E18
- Horn relay H-1
- Intelligent Key warning buzzer E28
- Remote keyless entry receiver M27 (view with instrument panel removed)
- Combination meter M24
- BCM M16, M17, M18, M19, M20, M21 (view with instrument panel removed)
- Stop lamp switch E38
- Push button ignition switch M38
- Key slot M40 12. CVT shift selector (park position switch (Intelligent Key system)) M78
- Front console antenna M41 (view with center console assembly removed)
- Front outside handle LH (outside key
Front outside handle RH (outside key antenna) D106
- Front outside handle LH (request
Front outside handle RH (request switch) D115
- Front door lock assembly LH (door unlock sensor) D10
- Front door switch LH B8 RH B108
- Rear door switch LH B18 RH B116
- Rear parcel shelf antenna B29
- Trunk opener request switch T5
- Rear bumper antenna B46
- Trunk lamp switch and trunk release solenoid T7
HOMELINK UNIVERSAL TRANSCEIVER
|Homelink universal transceiver||A maximum of 3 radio signals can be stored and transmitted to operate the garage door, etc.||Refer to Owner's Manual|