Nissan Maxima Owners Manual: Conditions the remote start will not work
The remote start will not operate if any of the following conditions are present:
- "Remote Engine Start" is turned off in the "Locking" section of the Vehicle Settings menu.
- The ignition switch is placed in the ON position.
- The hood is not securely closed.
- The hazard warning lights are on.
- The engine is still running. The engine must
be completely stopped.Wait at least 6 seconds
if the engine goes from running to off.
This is not applicable when extending engine run time.
- The remote start button is not pressed and held for at least 2 seconds.
- The remote start button is not pressed and held within 5 seconds of pressing the lock button.
- The brake is pressed.
- The doors are not closed and locked.
- The trunk or back door is open.
- The I-Key Indicator Light remains solid in the vehicle information display.
- The alarm sounds due to illegal entry into the vehicle.
- Two remote vehicle starts, or a single remote start with an extension, have already been used.
- The vehicle is not in P (Park).
- There is a detected registered key already inside of the vehicle.
- The remote start function has been switched to the OFF position in Vehicle Settings of the vehicle information display. For additional information, refer to "Vehicle information display" in the "Instruments and controls" section of this manual.
The remote engine start may display a warning or indicator in the vehicle information display. For additional information, refer to "Vehicle information display" in the "Instruments and controls" section of this manual.