Nissan Maxima Owners Manual: Canceling a remote start
To cancel a remote start, perform one of the following:
- Aim the Intelligent Key at the vehicle and press until the parking lights turn off.
- Turn on the hazard warning flashers.
- Cycle the ignition switch ON and then OFF.
- The extended engine run time has expired.
- The first 10 minute timer has expired.
- The engine hood has been opened.
- The shift lever is moved out of park.
- The alarm sounds due to illegal entry into the vehicle.
- The ignition switch is pushed without an Intelligent Key in the vehicle.
- The ignition switch is pushed with an Intelligent Key in the vehicle but the brake pedal is not depressed.