Nissan Maxima Owners Manual: Interior trunk access
The trunk can be accessed from the passenger side of the rear seat.
The rear seat can be locked using the mechanical key to prevent unauthorized access. For additional information, refer to "Keys" in this section.
1. Move the front passenger seat to the most forward position.
2. Open the access cover on the rear parcel shelf.
3. Insert the mechanical key into the access lid lock to unlock (if locked).
4. Push down on the button on the rear parcel shelf.
5. Fold down the passenger's side seatback.
- Never allow anyone to ride in the cargo area or on the rear seat when it is in the fold-down position. Use of these areas by passengers without proper restraints could result in serious injury or death in an accident or sudden stop.
- Properly secure all cargo with ropes or straps to help prevent it from sliding or shifting. Do not place cargo higher than the seatbacks. In a sudden stop or collision, unsecured cargo could cause personal injury.
- When returning the seatbacks to the
upright position, be certain they are
completely secured in the latched position.
If they are not completely secured, passengers may be injured in an accident or sudden stop.
- Closely supervise children when they
are around cars to prevent them from
playing and becoming locked in the
trunk where they could be seriously injured.
Keep the car locked, with the rear seatback and trunk lid securely latched when not in use, and prevent children's access to car keys.