Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Front fog lamp aiming adjustment
PREPARATION BEFORE ADJUSTING
CAUTION: Do not use organic solvent (thinner, gasoline etc.).
NOTE: For details, refer to the regulations in your own country.
Before performing aiming adjustment, check the following.
- Keep all tires inflated to correct pressure.
- Place vehicle on level ground.
- See that the vehicle is unloaded (except for full levels of coolant, engine oil and fuel, and spare tire, jack, and tools). Have the driver or equivalent weight placed in drivers seat.
AIMING ADJUSTMENT SCREW
- Turn the aiming adjusting screw for adjustment as shown.
NOTE: A screwdriver or hexagonal wrench [6 mm (0.24 in)] can be used for adjustment.
- A: Up
- B: Down
Aiming Adjustment Procedur
NOTE: Set the screen so that it is perpendicular to the road.
- Position the screen.
- Make the distance between the headlamp center and the screen 7.62 m (25 ft.).
- Start the engine and illuminate the fog lamp ON.
CAUTION: Do not cover the lens surface with tape, etc. because it is made of plastic.
NOTE: Block the light from the headlamp that is not being adjusted with a thick fabric or similar object, so that it does not reach the screen
- Adjust the cutoff line height (A) with the aiming adjustment screw so that the distance (X) between the horizontal center line of front fog lamp (H) and (A) becomes 100 mm (4.0 in).
- Front fog lamp light distribution on the screen is as shown.
- A: Cutoff line
- B: High illuminance area
- H: Horizontal center line of front fog lamp
- V: Vertical center line of front fog lamp
- X: Cutoff line height