Nissan Maxima Owners Manual: System operation
The automatic drive positioner system will not work or will stop operating under the following conditions:
- When the vehicle speed is above 0 mph (0 km/h) or 4 mph (7km/h) for some limited functions such as linking a key fob to the meter when the power source is turned on from off or during the Exit function.
- When any of the memory switches are pushed while the automatic drive positioner is operating.
- When the adjusting switch for the driver's seat and steering column is turned on while the automatic drive positioner is operating.
- When the seat has already been moved to the memorized position.
- When no seat position is stored in the memory switch.
- When the shift lever is moved from P (Park) to any other position.