Nissan Maxima Owners Manual: Entry/exit function
This system is designed so that the driver's seat and automatic operation steering column will automatically move when the shift lever is in the P (Park) position. This allows the driver to get into and out of the driver's seat more easily.
The driver's seat will slide backward and the steering wheel will move up:
- When the driver's door is opened and the ignition switch is in the OFF position.
- When the ignition switch is turned from ACC to OFF with the driver's door open.
The driver's seat and steering wheel will return to the previous position:
- When the ignition switch is turned to ACC or ON while the shift lever is in the P (Park) position.
The entry/exit function can be adjusted or canceled through the Vehicle Settings in the vehicle information display by performing the following:
- Switch the Exit Seat Slide from ON to OFF.
- Switch the Exit Steering Up fromONto OFF.
Restarting the entry/exit function
If the battery cable is disconnected or if the fuse opens, the stored memory positions may be lost and some of the functions will be restricted.
1. Drive the vehicle over 25 mph (40 km/h).
2. Open and close the driver's door more than two times with the ignition switch in the OFF position.
The entry/exit function should now work properly.