Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Precaution
Precautions for Trouble Diagnosis
- Never apply 7.0 V or more to the measurement terminal.
- Use a tester with open terminal voltage of 7.0 V or less.
- Turn the ignition switch OFF and disconnect the battery cable from the negative terminal when checking the harness.
Precautions for Harness Repair
- Solder the repaired area and wrap tape around the soldered area.
A fray of twisted lines must be within 110 mm (4.33 in).
- Bypass connection is never allowed at the repaired area.
Bypass connection may cause CAN communication error. The spliced wire becomes separated and the characteristics of twisted line are lost.
- Replace the applicable harness as an assembly if error is detected on the shield lines of CAN communication line.