Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: STRG branch line circuit
- Turn the ignition switch OFF.
- Disconnect the battery cable from the negative terminal.
- Check the terminals and connectors of the steering angle sensor for damage, bend and loose connection (unit side and connector side).
2.CHECK HARNESS FOR OPEN CIRCUIT
- Disconnect the connector of steering angle sensor.
- Check the resistance between the steering angle sensor harness connector terminals.
3.CHECK POWER SUPPLY AND GROUND CIRCUIT
Check the power supply and the ground circuit of the steering angle sensor. Refer to BRC-83, "Wiring Diagram".