Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Diagnosis system (IPDM E/R)
AUTO ACTIVE TEST
In auto active test mode, the IPDM E/R sends a drive signal to the following systems to check their operation.
- Oil pressure warning lamp
- Front wiper (LO, HI)
- Parking lamps
- Side marker lamps
- License plate lamps
- Tail lamps
- Front fog lamps (if equipped)
- Headlamps (LO, HI)
- A/C compressor (magnet clutch)
- Cooling fans
- Close the hood and lift the wiper arms from the windshield. (Prevent windshield damage due to wiper operation) NOTE: When auto active test is performed with hood opened, sprinkle water on windshield beforehand.
- Turn ignition switch OFF.
- Turn the ignition switch ON, and within 20 seconds, press the front door switch LH 10 times. Then turn the ignition switch OFF. CAUTION: Close front door RH.
- Turn the ignition switch ON within 10 seconds. After that the horn sounds once and the auto active test starts.
- The oil pressure warning lamp starts blinking when the auto active test starts.
- After a series of the following operations is repeated 3 times, auto active test is completed.
NOTE: When auto active test mode has to be cancelled halfway through test, turn ignition switch OFF.
- If auto active test mode cannot be actuated, check door switch system. Refer to DLK-67, "Component Function Check".
- Do not start the engine.
Inspection in Auto Active Test Mode
When auto active test mode is actuated, the following 6 steps are repeated 3 times.
*: Outputs duty ratio of 50% for 5 seconds → duty ratio of 100% for 5 seconds on the cooling fan control module.
Concept of auto active test
- IPDM E/R starts the auto active test with the door switch signals
transmitted by BCM via CAN communication.
Therefore, the CAN communication line between IPDM E/R and BCM is considered normal if the auto active test starts successfully.
- The auto active test facilitates troubleshooting if any systems controlled by IPDM E/R cannot be operated.
Diagnosis chart in auto active test mode
CONSULT Function (IPDM E/R)
CONSULT performs the following functions via CAN communication with IPDM E/R.
The IPDM E/R part number is displayed.
SELF DIAGNOSTIC RESULT
CAN DIAG SUPPORT MNTR