Nissan Maxima Owners Manual: MOD system operation
The MOD system will turn on automatically under the following conditions:
- When the shift lever is in the R (Reverse) position.
- When vehicle speed decreases below approximately 6 mph (10 km/h) and the camera screen is displayed.
Front and bird's-eye views
The MOD system operates in the following conditions when the camera view is displayed:
- When the shift lever is in the P (Park) or N (Neutral) position and the vehicle is stopped, the MOD system detects moving objects in the bird's-eye view. The MOD system will not operate if the outside mirrors are moving in or out, in the stowed position, or if either front door is opened.
- When the shift lever is in the D (Drive) position and the vehicle speed is below approximately 6 mph (10 km/h), the MOD system detects moving objects in the front view.
Rear and bird's-eye views
- When the shift lever is in the R (Reverse)
position and the vehicle speed is below approximately
6 mph (10 km/h), the MOD system
detects moving objects in the rear view.
The MOD system will not operate if the trunk is open.
The MOD system does not detect moving objects in the front-side view. The MOD icon is not displayed on the screen when in this view.
When the MOD system detects moving objects near the vehicle, a chime will be heard and a yellow frame will be displayed on the view where the objects are detected. While the MOD system continues to detect moving objects, the yellow frame continues to be displayed.
Rear and front-side views
While the RCTA chime (if so equipped) is beeping, the MOD system does not chime
In the bird's-eye view, the yellow frame 1 is displayed on each camera image (front, rear, right, left) depending on where moving objects are detected.
The yellow frame 2 is displayed on each view in the front view and rear view modes.
A blue MOD icon 3 is displayed in the view where theMODsystem is operative. A grayMOD icon is displayed in the view where the MOD system is not operative.
If theMODsystem is turned off, theMODicon 3 is not displayed
Turning MOD on and off
To turn the MOD system on or off, press and hold the CAMERA button for more than 2 seconds.