Nissan Maxima Owners Manual: MOD system limitations
Listed below are the system limitations for MOD. Failure to operate the vehicle in accordance with these system limitations could result in serious injury or death.
- Do not use the MOD system when towing a trailer. The system may not function properly.
- Excessive noise (for example, audio system volume or open vehicle window) will interfere with the chime sound, and it may not be heard.
- The MOD system performance will be limited according to environmental conditions and surrounding objects such as:
When there is low contrast between background and the moving objects.
When there is a blinking source of light.
When strong light such as another vehicle's headlight or sunlight is present.
When camera orientation is not in its usual position, such as when a mirror is folded.
When there is dirt, water drops or snow on the camera lens.
When the position of the moving objects in the display is not changed.
- The MOD system might detect flowing water droplets on the camera lens, white smoke from the muffler, moving shadows, etc.
- The MOD system may not function properly depending on the speed, direction, distance or shape of the moving objects.
- If your vehicle sustains damage to the parts where the camera is installed, leaving it misaligned or bent, the sensing zone may be altered and the MOD system may not detect objects properly.
- When the temperature is extremely high or low, the screen may not display objects clearly. This is not a malfunction.