Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Removal and installation
- -3 Tightening order
- B terminal nut
- Generator bracket
Removal and Installation
- Remove hoodledge covers (LH/RH).
- Remove cooling fan assembly. Refer to CO-16, "Removal and Installation".
- Remove the A/C compressor. Refer to HA-37, "Removal and Installation for Compressor".
- Remove A/C idler pulley EM-15, "Removal and Installation of Drive Belt Auto-tensioner".
- Disconnect the oil pressure switch EM-36, "Exploded View".
- Disconnect the generator harness connectors.
- Remove the generator bolt and nuts, using power tools.
- Remove generator bracket.
- Slide the generator out and remove.
Installation is in the reverse order of removal. Refer to CHG-28, "Exploded View"
- Temporarily tighten bolts and nut, then finish tightening in the
specified numerical order.
CAUTION: Be sure to tighten "B" terminal nut carefully.
- Install generator and check tension of belt. Refer to EM-14, "Checking Drive Belts".
- For this model, the power generation voltage variable control system that controls the power generation voltage of the generator has been adopted. Therefore, the power generation voltage variable control system operation inspection should be performed after replacing the generator, and then make sure that the system operates normally. Refer to CHG-11, "Diagnosis Procedure".
GENERATOR PULLEY INSPECTION
Perform the following.
- Make sure that generator pulley does not rattle.
- Make sure that generator pulley nut is tight.
NOTE: Replace the generator as an assembly if necessary.