Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Audio system
RELATED TO HANDS-FREE PHONE
- Before performing diagnosis, confirm that the cellular phone being used by the customer is compatible with the vehicle.
- It is possible that a malfunction is occurring due to a version change of the phone even though the phone is a compatible type. This can be confirmed by changing the cellular phone to another compatible type, and check that it operates normally. It is important to determine whether the cause of the malfunction is the vehicle or the cellular phone.
- Make sure the customer's Bluetooth related concern is understood.
- Verify the customer's concern. NOTE: The customer's phone may be required, depending upon their concern.
- Write down the customer's phone brand, model and service provider. NOTE: It is necessary to know the service provider. On occasion, a given phone may be on the approved list with one provider, but may not be on the approved list with other providers.
- Go to "www.nissanusa.com/bluetooth/".
- Using the website's search engine, find out if the customer's phone is on the approved list.
- If the customer's phone is NOT on the approved list: Stop diagnosis here. The customer needs to obtain a Bluetooth phone that is on the approved list before any further action.
- If the feature related to the customer's concern shows as "N" (not compatible): Stop diagnosis here. If the customer still wants the feature to function, they will need to get an approved phone showing the feature as "Y" (compatible) in the "Basic Features".
- If the feature related to the customer's concern shows as "Y" (compatible): Perform diagnosis as per the following table.