Nissan Maxima Owners Manual: Before starting the engine
- Make sure the area around the vehicle is clear.
- Check fluid levels such as engine oil, coolant, brake fluid, and window washer fluid as frequently as possible, or at least whenever you refuel.
- Check that all windows and lights are clean.
- Visually inspect tires for their appearance and condition. Also check tires for proper inflation.
- Lock all doors.
- Position seat and adjust head restraints/headrests.
- Adjust inside and outside mirrors.
- Fasten seat belts and ask all passengers to do likewise.
- Check the operation of warning lights when the ignition switch is pushed to the ON position. For additional information, refer to "Warning lights, indicator lights and audible reminders" in the "Instruments and controls" section of this manual.