Nissan Maxima Owners Manual: Increasing fuel economy
- Keep your engine tuned up.
- Follow the recommended scheduled maintenance.
- Keep the tires inflated to the correct pressure.
Low tire pressure increases tire wear and lowers fuel economy.
- Keep the wheels in correct alignment. Improper alignment increases tire wear and lowers fuel economy.
- Use the recommended viscosity engine oil.
For additional information, refer to "Recommended fluids/lubricants and capacities" in the "Technical and consumer information" section of this manual.