Nissan Maxima Owners Manual: Protect your vehicle from corrosion
- Wash and wax your vehicle often to keep the vehicle clean.
- Always check for minor damage to the paint and repair it as soon as possible.
- Keep drain holes at the bottom of the doors open to avoid water accumulation.
- Check the underbody for accumulation of sand, dirt or salt. If present, wash with water as soon as possible.
- NEVER remove dirt, sand or other debris from the passenger compartment by washing it out with a hose. Remove dirt with a vacuum cleaner or broom.
- Never allow water or other liquids to come in contact with electronic components inside the vehicle as this may damage them.
Chemicals used for road surface de-icing are extremely corrosive. They accelerate corrosion and deterioration of underbody components such as the exhaust system, fuel and brake lines, brake cables, floor pan and fenders.
In winter, the underbody must be cleaned periodically.
For additional protection against rust and corrosion, which may be required in some areas, it is recommended that you visit a NISSAN dealer.