Nissan Maxima Owners Manual: Battery replacement
Be careful not to allow children to swallow the battery or removed parts.
NISSAN Intelligent Key
Replace the battery in the Intelligent Key as follows:
1. Remove the mechanical key from the Intelligent Key.
2. Insert a small flathead screwdriver A into the slit B of the corner and twist it to separate the upper part from the lower part. Place a cloth over the screwdriver to protect the casing.
3. Replace the battery with a new one.
Recommended battery: CR2032 or equivalent.
- Do not touch the internal circuit and electric terminals as doing so could cause a malfunction.
- Hold the battery by the edges. Holding the battery across the contact points will seriously deplete the storage capacity.
- Make sure that the + side faces the bottom of the lower part.
4. Close the lid securely as illustrated with C and D .
5. Operate the buttons to check the operation.
It is recommended that you visit a NISSAN dealer if you need assistance for replacement.
FCC Notice: For USA: This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Note: Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user's authority to operate the equipment.
For Canada: This device complies with Industry Canada licence-exempt RSS standard(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.