Nissan Maxima Owners Manual: Headlights
Replacing the halogen headlight bulb (if so equipped)
The headlight is a semi-sealed beam type which uses a replaceable headlight (halogen) bulb.
They can be replaced from inside the engine compartment without removing the headlight assembly.
If headlight bulb replacement is required, it is recommended that you visit a NISSAN dealer for this service.
- Aiming is not necessary after replacing the bulb. When aiming adjustment is necessary, it is recommended that you visit a NISSAN dealer for this service or qualified workshop.
- Do not leave the headlight assembly open without a bulb installed for a long period of time. Dust, moisture, smoke, etc. entering the headlight body may affect bulb performance. Remove the bulb from the headlight assembly just before a replacement bulb is installed.
- Only touch the base when handling the
bulb. Never touch the glass envelope.
Touching the glass could significantly affect bulb life and/or headlight performance.
- High pressure halogen gas is sealed inside the halogen bulb. The bulb may break if the glass envelope is scratched or the bulb is dropped.
- Use the same number and wattage as shown in the chart.
Fog may temporarily form inside the lens of the exterior lights in the rain or in a car wash. A temperature difference between the inside and the outside of the lens causes the fog. This is not a malfunction. If large drops of water collect inside the lens, it is recommended that you visit a NISSAN dealer for this service or qualified workshop.
Replacing the LED headlight bulb (if so equipped)
If LED headlight bulb replacement is required, it is recommended that you visit a NISSAN dealer for this service.
Front park/turn signal/side marker light
If park, turn signal or side marker light bulb replacement is required. It is recommended that you visit a NISSAN dealer for this service.