Nissan Maxima Owners Manual: Emission control system maintenance
Abbreviations: I = Inspect and correct or replace as necessary, R = Replace, D = Drain water
(1) After 40,000 miles (64,000 km) or 48 months, inspect every 10,000 miles (16,000 km) or 12 months. Replace the drive belts if found damaged.
(2) If operating mainly in dusty conditions, more frequent maintenance may be required.
(3) Periodic maintenance is not required.
(4) First replacement interval is 105,000 miles (168,000 km) or 84 months. After first replacement, replace every 75,000 miles (120,000 km) or 60 months.
(5) Use only Genuine NISSAN Long Life Antifreeze/Coolant (blue) or equivalent with proper mixture ration of 50% antifreeze and 50% demineralized or distilled water. Mixing any other type of coolant or the use of non-distilled water may reduce the life expectancy of the factory fill coolant.
(6) Replace spark plug when the plug gap exceeds 0.053 in (1.35 mm) even if within specified periodic replacement mileage.
(7) Periodic maintenance is not required. However, if valve noise increased, inspect valve clearance.
* Maintenance items and intervals with "*" are recommended by NISSAN for reliable vehicle operation. The owner need not perform such maintenance in order to maintain the emission warranty or manufacturer recall liability. Other maintenance items and intervals are required.