Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: System Description
NOISE, VIBRATION, AND HARSHNESS (NVH) TROUBLESHOOTING
NVH Troubleshooting - Engine Noise
- Camshaft bearing noise
- Piston pin noise
- Piston slap noise
- Main bearing noise
- Connecting rod bearing noise
- Drive belt noise (Sticking/Slipping)
- Drive belt noise (Slipping)
- Water pump noise
- Timing chain and chain tensioner no
- Tappet noise
- Valve mechanism
- Rotation mechanism
- Drive belt
- Timing chain
Use the Chart Below to Help You Find the Cause of the Symptom
- Locate the area where noise occurs.
- Confirm the type of noise.
- Specify the operating condition of engine.
- Check specified noise source. Repair or replace the identified part as necessary.
A: Closely related B: Related C: Sometimes related -: Not related