Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Air Cleaner And Air Duct
Removal and Installation
- Air duct hose and resonator assembly
- Front air duct
- Air cleaner case (lower)
- Air cleaner case mounting bracket
- Air cleaner filter
- Air cleaner case (upper)
- Mass air flow sensor
- To electric throttle control actuator
- Air cleaner case side clips
- Remove engine room cover. Refer to EM-23, "Removal and Installation".
- Remove front air duct.
- Disconnect the tube clamp at the electric throttle control actuator and at the air duct hose and resonator assembly.
- Disconnect the blow-by hose.
- Remove air duct hose and resonator assembly.
- Disconnect mass air flow sensor.
- Remove mass air flow sensor from air cleaner case (upper), as necessary.
CAUTION: Handle mass air flow sensor with care.
- Do not shock it.
- Do not disassemble it.
- Do not touch its sensor.
- Disconnect transaxle breather.
- Remove air cleaner case assembly.
Installation is in the reverse order of removal.