Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Intake Manifold Collector
Removal and Installation
- Intake manifold collector
- Intake manifold collector gasket
- Electric throttle control actuator gasket
- Electric throttle control actuator
- Refer to INSTALLATION
- Refer to INSTALLATION
WARNING: To avoid the danger of being scalded, do not drain the coolant when the engine is hot.
CAUTION: Do not remove power valves.
NOTE: When removing components such as hoses, tubes/lines, etc., cap or plug openings to prevent fluid from spilling.
- Remove the cowl top, lower cowl top extension and lower cowl top extension brace. Refer to EXT-21, "Removal and Installation".
- Remove the engine room cover. Refer to EM-23, "Removal and Installation".
- Remove front air duct and air duct hose and resonator assembly. Refer to EM-24, "Removal and Installation".
- Remove the electric throttle control actuator bolts in the reverse order as shown and remove the electric throttle control actuator and position aside.
- Handle carefully to avoid any shock to the electric throttle control actuator.
- Do not disassemble.
- Disconnect the following:
- Power brake booster vacuum hose
- PCV hose
- Electric throttle control actuator electrical connector
- EVAP canister purge hose
CAUTION: Cover any engine openings to avoid the entry of any foreign material.
- Remove the EVAP canister purge volume solenoid valve bracket bolt. Position the valve aside.
- Loosen the intake manifold collector bolts in the order as shown using power tool, and remove the intake manifold collector and gasket.
- If necessary remove the following components:
- VIAS control solenoid valve
- EVAP canister purge volume control solenoid valve
Installation is in the reverse order of removal.
CAUTION: Do not reuse intake manifold collector gasket or electric throttle control actuator gasket.
- Tighten intake manifold collector bolts in the order as shown.
- Tighten electric throttle control actuator bolts in the order shown.
NOTE: After installation, it is necessary to re-calibrate the electric throttle control actuator as follows:
- . Perform the ″Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning″ when harness connector of the electric throttle control actuator is disconnected. Refer to EC-21, "THROTTLE VALVE CLOSED POSITION LEARNING : Special Repair Requirement".
- Perform the ″Idle Air Volume Learning″ when the electric throttle control actuator is replaced. Refer to EC- 21, "IDLE AIR VOLUME LEARNING : Special Repair Requirement".