Nissan Maxima Owners Manual: Switch operation
Type A (if so equipped)
The windshield wiper and washer operates when the ignition switch is placed in the ON position.
Push the lever down to operate the wiper at the following speed:
- Intermittent (INT) or (AUTO) - intermittent operation can be adjusted by turning the knob A .
- Low (LO)-continuous low speed operation
- High (HI) - continuous high speed operation
Type B (if so equipped)
Push the lever up 4 to have one sweep operation (MIST) of the wiper.
Pull the lever toward you 5 to operate the washer. The wiper will also operate several times.
In freezing temperatures the washer solution may freeze on the windshield and obscure your vision which may lead to an accident. Warm the windshield with the defroster before you wash the windshield.
- Do not operate the washer continuously for more than 30 seconds.
- Do not operate the washer if the windshield-washer fluid reservoir is empty.
- Do not fill the windshield-washer fluid reservoir with windshield-washer fluid concentrates at full strength. Some methyl alcohol based windshieldwasher fluid concentrates may permanently stain the grille if spilled while filling the windshield-washer fluid reservoir.
- Pre-mix windshield-washer fluid concentrates with water to the manufacturer's recommended levels before pouring the fluid into the windshield-washer fluid reservoir. Do not use the windshield-washer fluid reservoir to mix the windshield-washer fluid concentrate and water.
If the windshield wiper operation is interrupted by snow or ice, the wiper may stop moving to protect its motor. If this occurs, turn the wiper switch to the OFF position and remove the snow or ice that is on and around the wiper arms. In approximately 1 minute, turn the switch on again to operate the wiper.