Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Brake pedal
- Clevis pin
- Snap pin
- Stop lamp switch
- ASCD cancel switch
- Brake pedal assembly
- Brake pedal pad
NOTE: The clevis pin must be installed from the RH side as shown.
Removal and Installation
- Remove instrument lower panel LH and lower knee protector. Refer to IP-10, "Exploded View".
- Remove the accelerator pedal assembly. Refer to ACC-3, "Removal and Installation".
- Disconnect the harness connectors from the stop lamp switch and ASCD cancel switch.
- Remove stop lamp switch and ASCD cancel switch from brake pedal assembly.
- Remove snap pin and clevis pin from brake booster clevis.
- Disconnect the steering column upper joint and reposition it out of the way.
- Remove brake pedal assembly to brake booster nuts. Pull brake booster toward engine room to the extent that does not deform the brake tubes.
WARNING: Do not bend the brake tube.
- Remove brake booster clevis from input rod.
- Remove top nut and then remove brake pedal assembly.
- Temporarily install the brake pedal assembly to brake booster nuts by hand to support the brake booster.
CAUTION: Avoid damage from dropping the brake pedal assembly during handling.
INSPECTION AFTER REMOVAL
Check the brake assembly for the following items:
- Crack or deformation of the clevis pin.
- Crack of any welded portion of the brake pedal assembly.
- Brake pedal bend or deformation.
Installation is in the reverse order of removal.
- Check the brake pedal for smooth operation. There should be no binding or sticking when applying or releasing the brake pedal.
- Adjust brake pedal height after installing brake pedal assembly. Refer to BR-14, "Inspection and Adjustment".