Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Steering wheel
Removal and Installation
NOTE: When removing spiral cable, use tape so that the case and rotating part keep aligned. This will prevent neutral position alignment procedure during spiral cable installation.
- Set steering wheel to the straight-ahead position.
- Remove driver air bag module. Refer to SR-12, "Removal and Installation".
- Remove steering wheel lock nut after steering is locked.
- Remove steering wheel using Tool (A).
Tool number (A) : ST27180001 (J-25726-A)
INSTALLATION Installation is in the reverse order of removal.
CAUTION: Do not rotate spiral cable freely or excessively when the steering wheel is removed. Doing so may cause spiral cable damage.
- Check the spiral cable neutral position after replacing or rotating spiral cable. Refer to SR-15, "Removal and Installation".
- Tighten the steering wheel lock nut to specification.