Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Telescopic motor
- Steering column assembly
- Telescope motor
- Telescope motor link bracket
- Tilt motor
- Tilt motor bolt cap
Removal and Installation
- Remove instrument lower panel LH. Refer to IP-19, "Removal and Installation".
- Remove lower knee protector (LH) bolts (A) and the lower knee protector (LH) (B).
- Telescope the steering wheel to the full out position and tilt to highest position. NOTE: If either function is inoperative you can do this manually prior to installation.
- Remove the steering column covers. Refer to IP-11, "Removal and
NOTE: The tilt/telescope switch can remain attached to the side cover.
- Remove telescope motor as follows.
- Disconnect the harness connector (A) from the telescope motor.
- Remove the two telescope motor link screws (B) and telescope motor link bracket.
- Remove telescope motor bolt (C).
- Remove the telescope motor (D). NOTE: If the steering wheel could not be telescoped to full out position manually pull steering wheel to the full out position.
Installation is in the reverse order of removal.
- Adjust the telescope motor link to full out position and adjust as needed to fit into proper installed position.
- Inform customer that they will need to reset their Automatic Drive Positioner (ADP) settings.