Nissan Maxima Owners Manual: Windows
- Make sure that all passengers have their hands, etc. inside the vehicle while it is in motion and before closing the windows. Use the window lock switch to prevent unexpected use of the power windows.
- To help avoid risk of injury or death through unintended operation of the vehicle and or its systems, including entrapment in windows or inadvertent door lock activation, do not leave children, people who require the assistance of others or pets unattended in your vehicle. Additionally, the temperature inside a closed vehicle on a warm day can quickly become high enough to cause a significant risk of injury or death to people and pets.
The power windows operate when the ignition switch is placed in the ON position, or for a period of time after the ignition switch is placed in the OFF position. If the driver's or passenger's door is opened during this period of time, the power to the windows is canceled.
Driver's side power window switch
1. Window lock button
2. Power door lock switch
3. Front passenger side automatic switch
4. Right rear passenger side
5. Left rear passenger side
6. Driver side automatic switch
The driver's side control panel is equipped with switches to open or close all of the windows.
To open a window, push the switch and continue to hold it down until the desired window position is reached. To close a window, pull the switch and continue to hold it up until the desired window position is reached.
Front passenger's power window switch
The passenger's window switch operates only the corresponding passenger's window. To open the window partially, push the switch down lightly until the desired window position is reached. To close the window partially, pull the switch up until the desired window position is reached.
Rear power window switch
The rear power window switches open or close only the corresponding windows. To open the window, push the switch to the first detent and continue to hold it down until the desired window position is reached 1 . To close the window, pull the switch to the first detent and continue to hold up until the desired window position is reached 2 .
Locking passengers' windows
When the window lock switch is depressed, only the driver's side window can be opened or closed. Push it again to cancel the window lock function.
To fully open a window equipped with automatic operation, push the window switch down to the second detent and release it; it need not be held.
The window automatically opens all the way. To stop the window, lift the switch up while the window is opening.
To fully close a window equipped with automatic operation, pull the switch up to the second detent and release it; it need not be held. To stop the window, push the switch down while the window is closing.
If the control unit detects something caught in an automatic operation window as it is closing, the window will be immediately lowered.
The auto-reverse function may be activated when the window is closed by automatic operation when the ignition switch is placed in the ON position or for a period of time after the ignition switch is placed in the OFF position.
Depending on the environment or driving conditions, the auto-reverse function may be activated if an impact or load similar to something being caught in the window occurs.
There are some small distances immediately before the closed position which cannot be detected. Make sure that all passengers have their hands, etc., inside the vehicle before closing the window.
If the windows do not close automatically
If the power window automatic function (closing only) does not operate properly, perform the following procedure to initialize the power window system.
1. Place the ignition switch in the ON position.
2. Close the door.
3. Open the window more than halfway by operating the power window switch.
4. Pull the power window switch and hold it to close the window, and then hold the switch for more than 3 seconds after the window is closed completely.
5. Release the power window switch. Operate the window by automatic function to confirm the initialization is complete.
6. Perform steps 2 through 5 above for other windows.
If the power window automatic function does not operate properly after performing the above procedure, have your vehicle checked. It is recommended that you visit a NISSAN dealer for this service.