Nissan Maxima Owners Manual: Moonroof (if so equipped)
The moonroof will only operate when the ignition switch is placed in the ON position. The power moonroof is operational for a period of time, even if the ignition switch is placed in the ACC or OFF position. If the driver's door or the front passenger's door is opened during this period of time, the power to the moonroof is canceled.
Sliding the moonroof
To fully open the moonroof, push the switch toward 1 .
To fully close the moonroof, push the switch toward 2 .
To open or close the moonroof part way, push the switch in any direction while the moonroof is sliding to stop it in the desired position.
Tilting the moonroof
To tilt the moonroof:
- To tilt the moonroof up, push and release the tilt switch 3 . When the moonroof is open, it will automatically close and then tilt up.
- To tilt the moonroof down, push and release the tilt switch 3 or push the switch 2 toward the close position until it reaches the first detent.
- In an accident you could be thrown from
the vehicle through an open moonroof.
Always use seat belts and child restraints.
- Do not allow anyone to stand up or extend any portion of their body out of the moonroof opening while the vehicle is in motion or while the moonroof is closing.
- Remove water drops, snow, ice or sand from the moonroof before opening.
- Do not place heavy objects on the moonroof or surrounding area.
Auto-reverse function (when closing or tilting down the moonroof)
The auto-reverse function can be activated when the moonroof is closed or tilted down by automatic operation when the ignition switch is placed in the ON position or for a period of time after the ignition switch is placed in the OFF position.
Depending on the environment or driving conditions, the auto-reverse function may be activated if an impact or load similar to something being caught in the moonroof occurs.
There are some small distances immediately before the closed position which cannot be detected. Make sure that all passengers have their hands, etc., inside the vehicle before closing the moonroof.
If the control unit detects something caught in the moonroof as it moves to the front, the moonroof will immediately open backward
When tilting down
If the control unit detects something caught in the moonroof as it tilts down, the moonroof will immediately tilt up.
If the auto-reverse function malfunctions and repeats opening or tilting up the moonroof, keep pushing the tilt down switch within 5 seconds after it happens; the moonroof will fully close gradually. Make sure nothing is caught in the moonroof.
Open and close the sunshade by sliding it forward or backward.
If the moonroof does not close
Have your moonroof checked and repaired. It is recommended that you visit a NISSAN dealer for this service.