Nissan Maxima Owners Manual: Rear power sunshade (if so equipped)
The rear sun shade operates when the ignition switch is in the ACC or ON position.
The rear sun shade switch is located on the front console.
- To raise the sun shade, push the upper side of the switch 1 .
- To lower the sun shade, push the lower side of the switch 2 .
- The switch need not be held down.
- Do not place objects (such as newspapers, handkerchiefs, etc.) on the screen inlet port. Doing so may entangle these objects in the screen when it is extending or retracting, causing improper operation or damage to the screen.
- Do not push the sun shade arm with
your hands, etc., as this may deform it.
Improper operation or damage to the screen may result.
- Do not hang any object on the arm rail as this may result in improper operation or damage the screen.
- Do not forcefully pull the screen. Doing so may elongate the screen. Improper operation or damage to the screen may result.
- To avoid personal injury, keep your hands, fingers and head away from the sun shade arm, arm rail and screen inlet port.
- Do not allow children near the rear sun shade system. They could be injured.
- Do not pull or push the rear sun shade.
This could cause improper operation or damage it.
- The interior lights can be turned on regardless of door position. The lights will go off after a period of time unless the ignition switch is placed in theONposition when any door is opened.
- The interior lights can be set to operate when the doors are opened. To turn off the interior lights when a is door open, push the switch; the interior lights will not illuminate, regardless of door position.
The lights will go off when the ignition switch is placed in the ON position, or the driver's door is closed and locked. The lights will also go off after a period of time when the doors are open.
The step lights illuminate when the driver and passenger doors are opened regardless of the interior light switch position.
These lights will turn off automatically after a period of time while doors are open to prevent the battery from becoming discharged.
Do not use for extended periods of time with the engine stopped. This could result in a discharged battery.