Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: TCS
- Traction Control System is a function that electronically controls
engine torque and brake fluid pressure to
ensure the optimum slippage ratio at drive wheels by computing wheel speed
signals from 4 wheel sensors.
When ABS actuator and electric unit (control unit) detects a spin at drive wheels, it compares wheel speed signals from all 4 wheels. At this time, LH and RH front brake fluid pressure are controlled, while fuel being cut to engine and throttle valve being closed to reduce engine torque by the control unit. Further more, throttle position is continuously controlled to ensure the optimum engine torque at all times.
- During TCS operation, it informs driver of system operation by flashing slip indicator lamp.
- Electrical system diagnosis by CONSULT is available.
Component Parts Location
- Front wheel sensor LH E19 Front wheel sensor RH E41
- Brake fluid level switch E24
- Parking brake switch E35
- Stop lamp switch E38
- VDC OFF switch M72
- Combination meter M24
- Rear wheel sensor LH C1 Rear wheel sensor RH C2
- Yaw rate/side/decel G sensor M55
- Steering angle sensor M53 (view with steering wheel removed)
- ABS actuator and electric unit (control unit) E26