Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: ABS
- Anti-Lock Braking System is a function that detects wheel revolution while braking, electronically controls braking force, and prevents wheel locking during sudden braking. It improves handling stability and maneuverability for avoiding obstacles.
- Electrical system diagnosis by CONSULT is available.
Component Parts Location
- Front wheel sensor LH E19 Front wheel sensor RH E41
- Brake fluid level switch E24
- Parking brake switch E35
- Stop lamp switch E38
- VDC OFF switch M72
- Combination meter M24
- Rear wheel sensor LH C1 Rear wheel sensor RH C2
- Yaw rate/side/decel G sensor M55
- Steering angle sensor M53 (view with steering wheel removed)
- ABS actuator and electric unit (control unit) E26