Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: EBD
Electric Brake force Distribution functions as follows:
- ABS actuator and electric unit (control unit) detects subtle slippages between the front and rear wheels during braking. Then it electronically controls the rear braking force (brake fluid pressure) to reduce rear wheel slippage. Accordingly, it improves vehicle stability.
- Electrical system diagnosis by CONSULT is available.
Component Parts Location
- Front wheel sensor LH E19 Front wheel sensor RH E41
- Brake fluid level switch E24
- Parking brake switch E35
- Stop lamp switch E38
- VDC OFF switch M72
- Combination meter M24
- Rear wheel sensor LH C1 Rear wheel sensor RH C2
- Yaw rate/side/decel G sensor M55
- Steering angle sensor M53 (view with steering wheel removed)
- ABS actuator and electric unit (control unit) E26