Nissan Maxima Owners Manual: Around View Monitor (if so equipped)
1. CAMERA button
- Failure to follow the warnings and instructions for the proper use of the Around View Monitor system could result in serious injury or death.
- The Around View Monitor is a convenience feature and is not a substitute for proper vehicle operation because it has areas where objects cannot be viewed. The four corners of the vehicle in particular, are areas where objects do not always appear in the bird's-eye, front, or rear views. Always check your surroundings to be sure that it is safe to move before operating the vehicle. Always operate the vehicle slowly.
- The driver is always responsible for safety during parking and other maneuvers.
Do not scratch the camera lens when cleaning dirt or snow from the front of the camera.
The Around View Monitor system is designed as an aid to the driver in situations such as slot parking or parallel parking.
The monitor displays various views of the position of the vehicle in a split screen format. Not all views are available at all times.
- Front View An approximately 150-degree view of the front of the vehicle.
- Rear View An approximately 150-degree view of the rear of the vehicle.
- Bird's-Eye View The surrounding views of the vehicle from above.
- Front-Side View The view around and ahead of the front passenger's side wheel.
To display the multiple views, the Around View Monitor system uses cameras located in the front grille, on the vehicle's outside mirrors and one just above the vehicle's license plate 1 .