Nissan Maxima Owners Manual: Maintenance under severe operating conditions
Severe driving conditions
The maintenance intervals shown on the preceding pages are for normal operating conditions. If the vehicle is mainly operated under severe driving conditions as shown below, more frequent maintenance must be performed on the following items as shown in the table.
- Repeated short trips of less than 5 miles (8 km).
- Repeated short trips of less than 10 miles (16 km) with outside temperatures remaining below freezing.
- Operating in hot weather in stop-and-go "rush hour" traffic.
- Extensive idling and/or low speed driving for long distance, such as police, taxi or doorto- door delivery use.
- Driving in dusty conditions.
- Driving on rough, muddy or salt spread roads.
- Using a car-top carrier.
Maintenance operation: Inspect = Inspect and correct or replace as necessary.