Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Reclining motor
- The reclining motor is installed to the seatback assembly.
- The reclining motor is activated with the driver seat control unit.
- The seatback is reclined forward/backward by changing the rotation direction of reclining motor.
Component Function Check
1. CHECK FUNCTION
- Select "SEAT RECLINING" in "ACTIVE TEST" mode with CONSULT.
- Check the reclining motor LH operation.
1. CHECK RECLINING MOTOR POWER SUPPLY
- Turn the ignition switch to ACC.
- Perform "ACTIVE TEST" ("SEAT RECLINING") with CONSULT.
- Check voltage between driver seat control unit harness connector and ground.
2. CHECK RECLINING MOTOR CIRCUIT
- Turn ignition switch OFF.
- Disconnect driver seat control unit and reclining motor.
- Check continuity between driver seat control unit harness connector and reclining motor harness connector.
- Check continuity between driver seat control unit harness connector and ground.
3. CHECK INTERMITTENT INCIDENT