Nissan Maxima Owners Manual: Unlocking doors
1. Carry the Intelligent Key.
2. Push the door handle request switch.
3. The door on which the request switch was pressed will unlock and the hazard warning lights flash once, the outside buzzer sounds once, and the front and tail lights will turn on for 30 seconds.
4. Push the door handle request switch again within one minute, the outside buzzer sounds once and the remaining doors unlock.
- If Selective Unlock is turned off in the Vehicle Settings, all doors will unlock upon the first request switch 1 press.
- Request switches for all doors and trunk lid can be deactivated when the "Ext. Door Switch" is switched to OFF in the Vehicle Settings of the vehicle information display. For additional information, refer to "Vehicle information display" in the "Instruments and controls" section of this manual.
If a door handle is pulled while unlocking the doors, that door may not be unlocked. Returning the door handle to its original position will unlock the door. If the door does not unlock after returning the door handle, push the door handle request switch to unlock the door.
All doors will be locked automatically unless one of the following operations is performed within one minute after pushing the request switch.
- Opening any door.
- Pushing the ignition switch.
The interior light timer illuminates for a period of time when a door is unlocked and the room light switch is in the DOOR position.
The interior light can be turned off without waiting by performing one of the following operations:
- Placing the ignition switch in the ON position.
- Locking the doors with the remote control.
- Switching the room light switch to the OFF position.
- Switching the Auto Room Lamp to the OFF position in Vehicle Settings of the vehicle information display. For additional information, refer to "Vehicle information display" in the "Instruments and controls" section of this manual.