Nissan Maxima Owners Manual: Locking doors
1. Move the shift lever to the P (Park) position, place the ignition switch in the LOCK position and make sure you carry the Intelligent Key with you.
2. Close all doors.
3. Push any door handle request switch while carrying the Intelligent Key with you.
4. All doors will lock.
5. The hazard warning lights flash twice, the outside buzzer sounds twice, and the front and tail lights will turn on for 10 seconds.
- Request switches for all doors and trunk lid can be deactivated when the "Ext. Door Switch" setting is switched to OFF in the Vehicle Settings of the vehicle information display. For additional information, refer to "Vehicle information display" in the "Instruments and controls" section of this manual.
- Doors lock with the door handle request switch 1 while the ignition switch is not in the LOCK position.
- Doors do not lock by pushing the door handle request switch while any door is open. However, doors lock with the mechanical key even if any door is open.
- Doors do not lock with the door handle request switch with the Intelligent Key inside the vehicle and a beep sounds to warn you. However, when an Intelligent Key is inside the vehicle, doors can be locked with another Intelligent Key.
- After locking the doors using the request switch, make sure that the doors have been securely locked by operating the door handles or the trunk lid request switch.
- When locking the doors using the request switch, make sure to have the Intelligent Key in your possession before operating the request switch to prevent the Intelligent Key from being left in the vehicle.
- The request switch is operational only when the Intelligent Key has been detected by the Intelligent Key system.
To prevent the Intelligent Key from being accidentally locked in the vehicle, lockout protection is equipped with the Intelligent Key system.
When any door is open, the doors are locked, and then the Intelligent Key is put inside the vehicle and all the doors are closed; a chime will sound and the lock will automatically unlock
The doors may not lock when the Intelligent Key is in the same hand that is operating the request switch to lock the door.
Put the Intelligent Key in a purse, pocket or your other hand.
The lockout protection may not function under the following conditions:
- When the Intelligent Key is placed on top of the instrument panel.
- When the Intelligent Key is placed inside the glove box or a storage bin.
- When the Intelligent Key is placed inside the door pockets.
- When the Intelligent Key is placed inside or near metallic materials.