Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Inspection and adjustment
ADDITIONAL SERVICE WHEN REPLACING CONTROL UNIT
ADDITIONAL SERVICE WHEN REPLACING CONTROL UNIT : Description
MEMORY RESET PROCEDURE
- Please observe the following instructions at confirming the sunroof operation. NOTE: Do not disconnect the electronic power while the sunroof is operating or within 5 seconds after the sunroof stops (to wipe-out the memory of lid position and operating friction).
- Initialization of system should be conducted after the following conditions.
- When the battery has been disconnected or discharged.
- When the sunroof motor is changed.
- When the sunroof does not operate normally (incomplete initialization conditions).
ADDITIONAL SERVICE WHEN REPLACING CONTROL UNIT : Special Repair Requirement
If the sunroof does not close or open automatically, use the following procedure to return sunroof operation to normal.
- Turn ignition switch ON.
- Push and hold the sunroof tilt switch in the forward (DOWN) position until the sunroof is fully closed.
- After the sunroof has closed all the way, push and hold the tilt switch forward (DOWN) again for more than 2 seconds to re-learn motor position.
- Initialization is complete if the sunroof operates normally.
BASIC INSPECTION : Special Repair Requirement
- Check the service history.
- Check the following parts.
- Fuse/circuit breaker blown.
- Poor connection, open or short circuit of harness connector.
- Battery voltage.