Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Sunroof system
- Sunroof motor assembly and sunshade motor assembly operate with the power supplied from BCM while ignition switch is ON or retained power is operating.
- Sunroof motor assembly receives an operation signal from sunroof switch, and sends the signal to sunshade motor by communication line.
- Sunroof motor assembly and sunshade motor assembly receive a vehicle speed signal from combination meter and controls the sunroof motor and sunshade motor torque at the time of high speed operation.
- The sunroof switch can be operated in the directions of push/tilt, open (1st, 2nd) and close (1st, 2nd). It can operate the sunroof and sunshade by one switch.
The sunroof and sunshade operate to the following condition by the sunroof switch operation.
The sunroof or sunshade operate automatically to the fully-open or fully-close position by operating the sunroof switch to the OPEN (2nd) or CLOSE (2nd) position.
RETAINED POWER OPERATION
Retained power operation is an additional power supply function that enables the sunroof system to operate for 45 seconds after ignition switch is turned OFF.
Retained power function cancel conditions
- Front door CLOSE (door switch OFF)→OPEN (door switch ON)
- Ignition switch is ON again.
- Timer passed (45 seconds)
CAUTION: There are some small distances immediately before the closed position which cannot be detected.
- The CPU of sunroof motor assembly monitors the sunroof
condition by the signals from sunroof motor.
When sunroof motor assembly detects an interruption during auto operation (close or tilt down operation), sunroof motor will tilt up or open [150 mm (5.91 in) or more] sunroof.
- The CPU of sunshade motor assembly monitors the sunshade condition by the signals from sunshade motor. When sunshade motor assembly detects an interruption during auto close operation, sunshade motor will open [150 mm (5.91 in) or more] sunshade.
Component Parts Location
- BCM M16, M17, M18 (view with instrument panel removed)
- Sunroof switch R14
- A: Sunroof motor assembly R101 B: Sunshade motor assembly R102 (view with headlining removed)
- Front door switch LH B8, RH B108 5. Combination meter M24