Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Sunroof motor assembly
Removal and Installation
- Before removing sunroof motor, check that glass lid is fully closed.
- After removing sunroof motor, do not attempt to rotate sunroof motor assembly as a single unit.
- Close glass lid.
- Remove the headlining. Refer to INT-33, "Removal and Installation".
- Disconnect the harness connector (A) from the sunroof motor assembly.
- Remove sunroof motor assembly screws (B), then remove sunroof motor assembly (1) from sunroof unit assembly frame.
CAUTION: Before installing the sunroof motor assembly, be sure to the place the link and wire assembly in the symmetrical and fully closed position.
- Move the sunroof motor assembly laterally so that the gear is completely engaged into the wire on the sunroof unit assembly frame, and mounting surface becomes parallel.
- Install and tighten sunroof motor assembly screws.
- Connect the harness connector to the sunroof motor assembly.
- Install the headlining. Refer to INT-33, "Removal and Installation".
- Perform initilization procedure.