Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Inspection and adjustment
ECM RE-COMMUNICATING FUNCTION
ECM RE-COMMUNICATING FUNCTION : Description
the ECM has been replaced with a new one (*1).
*1: New one means an ECM which has never been energized on-board.
(In this step, initialization procedure by CONSULT is not necessary)
- When registering new Key IDs or replacing the ECM that is not brand new, refer to CONSULT Immobilizer mode and follow the on-screen instructions.
- If multiple keys are attached to the key holder, separate them before work.
- Distinguish keys with unregistered key ID from those with registered ID.
ECM RE-COMMUNICATING FUNCTION : Special Repair Requirement
1.PERFORM ECM RE-COMMUNICATING FUNCTION
- Install ECM.
- Insert the registered Intelligent Key (*2), turn ignition switch
*2: To perform this step, use the key that has been used before performing ECM replacement.
- Maintain ignition switch in "ON" position for at least 5 seconds.
- Turn ignition switch to "OFF".
- Start engine.