Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Body alignment
Body Center Marks
A mark has been placed on each part of the body to indicate the vehicle center. When repairing parts damaged by an accident which might affect the vehicle frame (members, pillars, etc.), more accurate and effective repair will be possible by using these marks together with body alignment specifications.
Panel Parts Matching Marks
A mark has been placed on each body panel to indicate the parts matching positions. When repairing parts damaged by an accident which might affect the vehicle structure (members, pillars, etc.), more accurate and effective repair will be possible by using these marks together with body alignment specifications.
- All dimensions indicated in the figures are actual.
- When using a tracking gauge, adjust both pointers to equal length. Then check the pointers and gauge itself to make sure there is no free play.
- When a measuring tape is used, check to be sure there is no elongation, twisting or bending.
- Measurements should be taken at the center of the mounting holes.
- An asterisk (*) following the value at the measuring point indicates that the measuring point on the other side is symmetrically the same value.
- The coordinates of the measurement points are the distances measured from the standard line of ″X″, ″Y″ and ″Z″.
MEASUREMENTS (DUAL PANEL SUNROOF)
MEASUREMENT POINTS (DUAL PANEL SUNROOF)