Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Xenon headlamp
Refer to EXL-10, "Component Description".
PRECAUTIONS FOR TROUBLE DIAGNOSIS
- Installation or removal of the connector must be done with the lighting switch OFF.
- When the lamp is illuminated (when the lighting switch is ON), do not touch the harness, HID control unit, inside of the lamp, or the lamp metal parts.
- To check illumination, temporarily install lamp in the vehicle. Be sure to connect power at the vehicle-side connector.
- If the malfunction can be traced directly to the electrical system, first check for items such as blown fuses and fusible links, broken wires or loose connectors, pulled-out terminals, and improper connections.
- Do not work with wet hands.
- Using a tester for HID control unit circuit trouble diagnosis is prohibited.
- Disassembling the HID control unit or harnesses (bulb socket harness, ballast harness) is prohibited.
- Immediately after illumination, the light intensity and color will fluctuate, this is normal.
- When the bulb has reached the end of its lifetime, the brightness may drop significantly, it may flash repeatedly, or the light may turn a reddish color.
1.CHECK XENON BULB
Install a known good bulb to the applicable headlamp. Check that the headlamp operates.
2.CHECK HID CONTROL UNIT
Install a known good HID control unit to the applicable headlamp. Check that the headlamp operates.