Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Lighting & turn signal switch
Removal and Installation
NOTE: The lighting and turn signal switch is integral with the combination switch assembly.
- Unlock steering wheel.
- Before servicing, disconnect both battery terminals and wait at least three minutes
- Do not use air tools or electric tools for servicing.
- After the work is completed, make sure no system malfunction is detected by air bag warning lamp.
- In case a malfunction is detected by the air bag warning lamp, reset with the self-diagnosis function and delete the memory with CONSULT.
- If a malfunction is still detected after the above operation, perform self-diagnosis to repair malfunctions. Refer to SRC-12, "SRS Operation Check".
- Remove steering column covers. Refer to IP-13, "Removal and Installation".
- Rotate steering wheel clockwise to access first combination switch bolt, then remove bolt.
- Rotate steering wheel counter-clockwise to access second combination switch bolt, then remove bolt.
- Disconnect the harness connectors from the lighting and turn signal switch and remove.
Installation is in the reverse order of removal.