Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Rear window defogger system
- When rear window defogger switch is turned ON while ignition switch is ON, the A/C auto amp. (rear window defogger switch) transmits rear window defogger switch signal to BCM.
- BCM turns rear window defogger relay ON when rear window defogger switch signal is received.
- Rear window defogger and door mirror defogger (with door mirror defogger) are supplied with power and operate when rear window defogger relay turns ON.
- Rear window defogger ON is displayed when controller (A/C auto amp.) receives signals.
- BCM turns rear window defogger relay ON for approximately 15 minutes when rear window defogger switch is turned ON while ignition switch is ON. It makes rear window defogger and door mirror defogger (with door mirror defogger) operate.
- Timer is canceled after pressing rear window defogger switch again during timer operation. Then BCM turns rear window defogger relay OFF. The same reaction also occurs during timer operation, if the ignition switch is turned OFF.
INPUT/OUTPUT SIGNAL CHART
*: With door mirror defogger
Component Parts Location
- BCM M16, M17, M18, M19 (view with instrument panel removed)
- A. Fuse block (J/B)
B. Rear window defogger relay J-2
- A/C auto amp. (rear window defogger switch) M37
- Door mirror (door mirror defogger) LH D4, RH D107 (if equipped)
- A. Rear window defogger B53
B. Condenser B52 (view with rear pillar finisher LH removed)
- Rear window defogger B54 (view with rear pillar finisher RH removed)
|Rear window defogger relay||
|A/C auto amp. (rear window defogger switch)||
|Rear window defogger||
|Door mirror defogger*||
*: With heated mirrors