Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Removal and installation
Removal and Installation
NOTE: If the tool does not fit because of the location of the power socket, further disassembly may be required. Refer to IP-14, "Removal and Installation".
- Remove the fuse for the power socket.
- Insert one end of the Tool (A) into one of the square holes inside the power socket.
Tool number: - (J-42059)
- Lift up the handle of the Tool until the other end of the Tool is inside the socket and snaps into the other square hole in the power socket.
- Pull the power socket straight out with the Tool.
- Disconnect connector from the power socket.
- Remove ring from power socket finisher while pressing pawls.
Installation is in the reverse order of removal.
NOTE: Make sure to align the tab with the square notched area during installation.